Sunday, September 20, 2009

Rianna's Report

I think Newfoundland is really beautiful with all the rocks and cliffs.  I really like collecting shells.  We have been looking for sea glass on the beaches so that we can make jewellry when we get home.  

We have seen some moose in the wild and that was really exciting, but we have also seen some moose heads on the tops of peoples cars, and one in the ditch, and that is kind of gross.  

The life here is kind of old fashioned, but it's really cool and interesting.  It is really cool to see all the fishing boats and to learn about how important fishing is in their lives.

The hotel we are staying at here in St. Anthony has a jacuzzi in the room and I really like that!!  We went for a hike tonight to see the sunset and it was very cold and windy - only 7 degrees.  But the wind coming from the ocean made it seem much colder.  We have had a few days with rain, too.  I bought some rain boots, and then when I walked in the ocean they were leaking so we might take them back.

3 comments:

  1. Thought I'd talk to you all. Hey Rianna
    Jen's home today (no school) she had PTI on Fri. no school and PD day today (in case that helps in your plight not to do homework today) Tell Shane Tracy had school both days so he's not off the hook (you'll like sharing that with him) Colder here too first night we had a frost warning and yes it froze. At least after Canada your heading south to warmer temps. I always update Jen on your travels and she likes reading about your travels (she usually gets me to respond I type faster). Robin said she's saving a spot for you Jen, Tayla and Sasha went the first mtg. last Thurs. Jen has Mr. Plante for a teacher this year and is loving school. Since I asked Shane to try cod tongues you may want to try salted cod. Embrace the local foods. Really i've never tried and probably wouldn't either. But be brave or at least wear a brave face if you do. Jen's just up now but too tired to think of anything to say.
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love the jacuzzi in the room too...my way to travel!

    Glad to hear you are enjoying yourself so much. Love reading your blogs!!

    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Moose heads on cars and ditches are gross too Rianna. The jacuzzi in the room could be cool, or really, annoying if you want privacy.

    Thanks for keeping us up to date!
    Kindred, Mason, Mackenzie and Jennifer

    ReplyDelete