Monday, September 28, 2009

Beauty in Baddeck

Well, we survived the ferry ride!  We spent the first half hour trying to figure out how we were all going to sleep in the chairs.  David wasn't worried, as he can sleep anywhere!  But I was a little concerned about the kids and I.  Just as somebody was starting to get whiney about the whole thing, they called our name, and we got a sleeping cabin!!! I was very happy, and David was a little disappointed - he thought it would have been a great adventure!!  (Again, bear in mind that he would have had a great sleep, while I was up dealing with the less than enthusiastic portion of our family)

Anyway, we survived just fine!  David and I got up at 6:00 to watch the sunrise over the ocean and the kids had to be up by 6:30 as we were docking at 7:00.  We drove into North Sydney for some breakfast, went to Superstore for some groceries, drove to get the trailer, and headed south!
We were in Baddeck for a few days to see the Cabot Trail, Alexander Bell Museum, and surrounding area.  I actually took a picture of this lighthouse on the way up north, but this view is from the Museum, and the leaves have started to change colour now, so I had to take more pictures of it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment