Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Greetings from Kenora!

We are staying for a couple of days at Anicinabe Provincial Park in Kenora. It is on Lake of the Woods and is very beautiful. The weather is not all that great, so a lot of the people who were staying here went home. Today is about 22 degrees and the clouds are in and out. It is plenty hot when the sun is out. We have the beach almost all to ourselves, and itès (o.k., donèt know why the computer is giving me french accents, it must know weère heading for Quebec - I blame it on using Davidès computer) Anyway, The kids are off catching minnows, and I am trying to sketch the scenery. Maybe by the time we get home Ièll know how to draw!!!

We decided to stay here an extra day because it is so pretty, and we needed a break! David is doing an awesome job of driving!! I drove for a bit, coming through Brandon, and I did fine, but it was pretty nerve wracking. Living in the trailer is working very well!

Rianna is still feeling home sick, and as a result, has been just a tad moody!!! Sean does not always help in making that easier! Sean is really starting to learn his jobs for set up and take down of the trailer - but we all still have a lot to learn.

Thank very much to the Brownès and Leckieès for posting a comment!!! The kids were sooooo excited to hear from someone. David was reading the Calgary Herald on line today and is sounds like you have been having some nasty weather - hope everything is fine!

We are headed for Thunder Bay tomorrow, hopefully getting to Algonquin park in a few days. We would like to stay there for a little bit.

TTFN
The MacGregors

6 comments:

  1. Jonathan and CindyAugust 5, 2009 at 8:07 AM

    Hey guys good to hear that you are settling into your new transient lifestyle. It is non stop rain here this week and a little chilly. Had the fire roaring yesterday. Your house is safe and sound although Cindy and I found the beds a little lumpy :-) only kidding.

    Have fun

    Jonathan and Cindy (and Sashes and Tassle and Sweetie and Shiraz and.........)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rianna and family

    Yes the weather in Calgary is awful - rain - rain and more rain then some wind and hail and more rain. Oh and cold 8C at 8:00 am today. And still raining. Going to Lion King tonight. Flying to Seattle on Monday and heading down the Oregon Coast 12 days (no blog stuff for us). Hope yours still having fun and Jen says "blog you later". Don't feel home sick - your in your home away from home (home on wheels - meals on wheels too.
    The Leckies
    Bye Bye

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey world travelers!

    Glad to hear all is going well. Evi and I are very much enjoying taking care of the homestead and despite the best efforts of mother nature the roof is still on the house!! It kinda feels like living in a cross between tornado alley and Vancouver during the rainy season.

    Quigley and Mikey say hello. Mikey has been moved inside since the weather is hanging around 10 degrees and the sun has gone into hiding. She's staying in her outdoor cage however, since I'm hoping summer will make another appearance before next july and she'll be able to go back out into the sun.

    Rianna - Evi is loving your room and tells everyone that will listen about the amazingly cool room she's staying in (JoAnne, your artistic skills are getting lots of publicity). Tonight we discovered how much cooler your room is when Evi found the Magic Tree House books on you shelf. We have Dolphins at Daybreak and Goodmorning Gorillas on CD which are indanger of playing themselves to death.

    Sean - your room is very cool as well, however the most exciting thing that has happened to me is my hair being grabed by the velcro on one of the monkey's feet everytime I walk under it. I jump and flail around everytime, which amuses Evica greatly.

    Hopefully y'all are having a blast and soaking up the sights. I look forward to reading about your adventures. Could you guys e-mail or text me your e-mail address and phone number? I don't need it right now but I want to make sure I have it at hand should I need to get ahold of you in a more direct/speedy way than this.

    Happy Trails,
    Hannah and Evica

    P.S. Where did you get your toaster? It makes me want to eat abnormal amounts of toast. Nothing like a cheery rendition of Whinnie the Pooh to get you going in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You're already in Thunder Bay?!! You missed an awesome lightning storm the other night! Is Rianna going to post some pics? Sean,are your thumbs sore yet...from playing PSP? Haha! Drive safe, luv Don.
    PS. I posted this under July 09..so this is a Re-post. Oops!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have figured out how to post comments and join you on your trip! Yippee!

    Great way to stay in touch.

    xoxox Janie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello,I am reading all of these comments about the weather and thought I'd let you know how beautiful it is here right now. We had a down pore the other night but during the day it cou;dn't be much better. A little windy today but with the heat it feels great. Friday is supose to be 30and nice all weekend. Your house looks intack and all is well. Let me know if you need me to do anything. I hope you are all still enjoying this adventure and are getting along still.Remember I have relatives in NFLD my brother is a former RCMP if you need anything. Have a good trip.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete