Friday, August 2, 2013

Decided that I don't like wasps!


I have now decided that I don't really like wasps!  They were building a nest under the railing of our deck, and being me, I took this as a photo op... had some trouble with the macro focus though, so this was as good as I could get. An ok photo, but not really what I was looking for.

Had a little run in with a wasp while golfing at Wild Stone (near Cranbrook) on the 15th hole, and by the eighteenth, my forearm was very swollen, red and not happy. Hhmmm, seems to me that this was how my arm was at Outdoor School, after being stung by a wasp.......

The next day, after Gary and I had lopped off a ton of tree tops in front of the cabin that had grown too high, I went out on the deck to take in the new and improved view.  Did I  think about the fact that I had just been taking photos of wasps the day before???? Of course not, I am just not that bright!  Add two more stings to the other arm.

Days later, still red, swollen and hugely itchy, I think that I now can safely say that I am allergic to wasp stings, and I really don't like them  ....and that sometimes I am not very bright.......

1 comment:

  1. Yikes....but hopefully now that you've learned you are allergic to the stings you WON'T think of it as such a good photo-op!!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete