Monday, December 21, 2009

Rianna's Report - Fishing

Hola!
I decided to try  fishing after my mom and Sean caught something.  I made a cast and reeled it in, and we saw, eating at my bait, 4 puffer fish and lots of minnows.  Then another puffer came and it was huge!!!
After a while, some parrot fish came too.  Parrot fish are big fish with a beak more than just a mouth.  These ones had bright blue around their eyes, mouths, and at the end of their tail fin.  The puffer fish were not the spiky kind.  The big one was the size of a canteloupe and would be like a volleyball when it puffed up.  We had so much fun watching the fish eat my bait that we didn't even try to catch them, we just let them eat.  
The big puffer ripped off a chunk of the bait, and tons of little minnows came in to eat all the pieces.  We could have just fed the fish forever!!


I really liked the Florida Keys!  They were very beautiful and hot.  It was fun looking at the coral and plants in the ocean and by the beach.  There were 2 macaws at the hotel we stayed at and they talked.  We got to feed some squirrels that live there in the palm trees.  One of them poked me when he took the nut.  Their claws were sharp like needles.

The Keys were fun to go to and it made me very happy to be there!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rianna! So glad you tried fishing...it is so much fun.

    I would love to see a puffer fish...I have only ever seen one in Finding Nemo!!.

    Florida is a great place to be (especially now)as it is so cold here!

    Thanks for the updates...love reading your blogs!

    ReplyDelete