Monday, December 21, 2009

Now don't cha',....... Barracuda?

O.K., how cool is this??  I caught a barracuda!!!!  We were fishing off the dock at our lovely little place in the Keys, and I managed to pull in this little beauty!!!  I was pretty excited, as you can imagine - and if you are not a fisherman, just try to imagine something really exciting!!!  

We were using bait fish called mullet, which were about 3 inches long (which is about as long as some of the fish we have caught at the lake in B.C.!!)  The manager of the hotel let us use her fishing rod, and helped me take it off the hook.  I was a little concerned about dealing with those teeth, and we didn't have any tools or gloves to get it off.  So I held the fish and she wrangled the hook out of it's mouth.

The water at the end of our dock was only about 4 feet deep, and it was so crystal clear you could see tons of fish (which Rianna will talk about in her Blogspot).    

Any day that involves fishing is a great day, and this was a 
really great day, in a really great place!!!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go JJB! They sure are ugly little suckers!! You are one cool chick!

    ReplyDelete