Friday, November 13, 2009

Arrival in Charleston, SC

After getting a late start today (having to get our tires replaced yet again) we ended up driving in the dark, and the pouring rain to get into our campground in Charleston.  We try to avoid coming in after dark as it makes set up a bit more difficult.
So imagine our delight upon filling out our late arrival form and finding this sign on the office porch.(The photo should get bigger if you click on it)  The last note is the one that got me... "Do not allow children to throw rocks into the water.  To an alligator a splash means food."  

 I don't think that Sean has the ability to go past a body of water without throwing a rock in it!!!

And even though I like snakes, I don't much like the idea of poisonous ones hiding in the leaves and trees!

My daily hikes around the campground with the dogs were curtailed a bit here, particularly the evening walks!!

2 comments:

  1. Yikes! I don't like snakes (or Alligators for that matter)...so South Carolina would not be on my list of places to visit!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT, MORE TIRES??? Hey, guys, I think there is something really wrong here - we have never had to replace a tire, except when we thought they were getting too old, in all our years of camping. Would suggest you get the unit checked out, because something is causing these problems, and at a guess, I would say it isn't the tires! I am not trying to be anon. - I just don't know how else to post this! Sandy C.

    ReplyDelete