Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Are you ready for some football??

Did anyone catch the Patriot's game on Sunday?  Sean and David were there!!! That is the other reason we stayed here longer.  Unfortunately, the weather did not really co-operate.  It was raining really hard when we got to Patriot Place.  We had to be there a couple of hours in advance to figure out parking and deal with the tailgate parties.  Rianna and I went to a movie while they were at the game, so we didn't have to pay the $40 for game parking as we were allowed to use the retail parking.  We just had to walk for a while, and so we were soaked pretty quickly.  The snow started before game time, and the cold temperatures made it pretty tough for the boys!
I don't think Sean minded too much, he was very excited just to be there!!!
The score was 59 - 0 for the Patriots, and was a record breaking game for them.  Between that and the crappy weather, it was a pretty memorable experience!

JoAnne had to drive home, through the traffic of 70,000 or so people, and the first snow storm in the new truck, in the dark.  I haven't been driving much lately, so I was a bit nervous!

We had left the awning out on our trailer as we were trying to keep some things dry, and when we got back to the trailer there was a couple of inches of snow on it.  We were just happy that it hadn't ripped or broken.  So poor David is already frozen, and we spend 20 minutes brushing snow off our awning!!!!  They went up to the hot tub in the lodge to warm up before bed (did I mention that I love this campground!!!)

3 comments:

  1. You boys are brave (at least I think that's the most appropriate word). I would have had to pass up that freezing experience to head to the mall. i think the warmth of the mall is much more beneficial to one's health than the cold outdoors. But what a slaughter and you were there!

    Who'da thunk Boston could be so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you pack all this fun into a few days. I'm not sure I would have braved the cold (not for football anyway) Shane I loved the whoopie cushion costume posted a few days ago and Rianna glamorous you guys will get mileage out of your costumes as Halloween is still 10 days away. Where do you stash all that candy.
    The Leckies

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello MacGregors!

    Just got home from San Diego so I had a lot of catching up to do! WOW....you guys are experiencing it all!! Everything you do looks so amazing and it seems like you are having a blast!

    JoAnne...I know it must be so difficult for you to celebrate Halloween so much!! Hang in there girl! LOL!!

    Nice to see my stud muffin in more pictures! Even if you look so cold!!

    Are you planning on driving across the US into California at all?? If you do, let me know and you can perhaps take a look at my new condo!! Yes, I am going ahead with buying a condo right on Mission Beach...It will be great to have all of you come and stay with us!!

    Looking forward to seeing more updates...I certainly appreciate your dedication to sharing your journey with us. I LOVE IT!!

    Take care...hugs & kisses Janie

    ReplyDelete